Information You May Choose to Provide to Us
We may gather data, inclusive of personal information, directly from you, provided you opt to share that information with us. For instance, when you contacting us through a form, sign up for our newsletters or partake in surveys or promotions on the Site, you may furnish us with your name, contact information (such as an email address), date of birth, among other personal details.
Information That Is Automatically Collected When You Visit Glostat
When you visit our Site, we, in collaboration with our third-party partners and vendors, may automatically collect certain information about your visit. This is done through tools such as cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies. The automatically collected information may include your IP address, characteristics of your operating system, details about your browser and system settings, data about your computer or mobile device used to access the Site, unique device identifiers, and clickstream data (which maps out your site navigation journey). We, or our third-party partners, may integrate the information automatically collected with other information about you, inclusive of information you opt to provide.
Cookies are small files used by websites and other online services to store user information on users' own computers. This Site may utilize cookies (like HTTP and HTML5 cookies) and other types of local storage. For further details on cookies, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Refer to the section on 'About Cookies' to learn more about how you may limit or disable cookies on your computer. Please note that disabling cookies could impact certain Site features that rely on cookies to function properly.
To manage our automatic data collection, we may use tags (commonly known as “web beacons”) on pages on the Site or in emails we send to you. Web beacons are small files that connect web pages to particular web servers and their cookies, and can serve various purposes such as counting the number of Site visitors, analyzing user navigation on the Site, assessing the number of emails we send that are actually opened, and determining which articles or links visitors view.
We also can employ third-party web analytics services, such as Google Analytics, on the Site, to provide us with statistics and other information about Site visitors.
Regarding "Do Not Track" Signals, your browser settings might allow you to automatically transmit a “do not track” signal to websites and online services you visit. Currently, there's no industry consensus on the interpretation of “do not track” in this context. Like many other websites, our Site is not configured to respond to “do not track” signals from browsers. Click here to learn more about "do not track" signals.
Lastly, companies providing certain third-party apps, tools, widgets, and plug-ins that may appear on the Site (for example, Facebook “Share” button) might also use automated means to collect information about your interactions with these features. This information collection is governed by the privacy policies or notices of those providers.
How We May Use Information We Collect
We may utilize the data collected on our platform for various aims, including those specified below. For instance, if you were to reach out to us with an inquiry and share your email address, we would employ the given email address to respond to your query. Additionally, we leverage the information we collect from you and through the platform to:
- Supply requested products and services (such as when you subscribe to our email newsletters);
- Respond to inquiries, questions, and comments, and offer other forms of user support;
- Propose products and services, or direct you to sections of this platform or other websites, that we deem may be of interest to you;
- Present you with advertising, content, and offers based on your interests and online activities, from us or third parties;
- Communicate about, and manage your involvement in, events, programs, contests, and other promotional offerings;
- Conduct, evaluate, and enhance our operations (which could encompass the development of new features for the platform; analysis and enhancement of the user experience on the platform; evaluation of the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising campaigns; and the management of our communications);
- Carry out data analysis concerning the usage of the platform (including market and consumer research, trend analysis, and financial analysis);
- Safeguard against, identify, and prevent fraudulent and other illegal activities, claims, and other liabilities;
- Adhere to applicable legal requirements, law enforcement requests, and our company policies.
How We May Share Information We Collect
Our agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers might have access to the information we collect through the Site to perform tasks on our behalf. These parties are bound by confidentiality agreements and are restricted from using the personal data collected through the Site for any purpose other than providing the requested assistance. Furthermore, we may share information:
- Within our network of affiliates for internal business operations;
- With third parties for marketing objectives, including social media networks, data management platforms, and other advertising technology providers. For instance, we may cross-reference your email address with third parties with whom you have consented to share your email address and use such matches to send you tailored offers or emails on the Sites and elsewhere online;
- If it is mandatory under any law, regulation, or legal procedure (such as a court order or subpoena);
- In response to demands from governmental bodies, like law enforcement agencies, including for national security purposes;
- If we think disclosing the information is necessary or suitable to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or associated with an investigation of suspected or proven illegal activity;
- For analytics and statistical information, to inform advertisers about the nature of our user base;
- In case we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation). In such a situation, we will try to provide you with commercially reasonable notice, e.g., via email and/or notice on our website, of any change in ownership, incompatible new uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information.
Data Retention and Access
We keep your personal data only as long as it's needed for the purposes it was collected - such as enabling your use of the Website and our products, or delivering services to you. Sometimes, we may retain data for longer to comply with the law (including those about document retention), resolve disputes, or conduct our business effectively.
In some situations, we may not be able to fulfill your request if it interferes with our regulatory obligations, affects legal matters, if we can't confirm your identity, or if it requires disproportionate cost or effort. However, we will always respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe and provide an explanation. If you want to make such a request, please reach out to us.
We employ cookies for multiple reasons, which are elaborated below. Regrettably, in most instances, there aren't universally accepted options to turn off cookies without completely disrupting the functions and features they bring to this site. If you're uncertain whether you require them or not, we recommend keeping all cookies enabled, as they might be necessary for a service you utilize.
On your initial visit to our website, you will be presented with a cookie menu, where you can select the cookies to be utilized. Moreover, you can inhibit the activation of cookies by modifying your browser's settings (refer to your browser's Help section for guidance on this). Please note that disabling cookies will impact the functionality of this and numerous other websites you visit. Generally, disabling cookies also results in certain features and functionalities of this site being disabled. Hence, we suggest that you refrain from disabling cookies.
The Cookies We Set
Site Preference Cookies
These are crucial for the proper functionality of the website.
Third Party Cookies
Currently, we do not utilize any third-party cookies.
Currently, we utilize Google Analytics cookies.
How We Protect Personal Data
We have in place suitable administrative, technical, and physical measures to safeguard the personal data you share with us. These measures are intended to protect against unintended, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use of your data. However, please understand that no online transmission of information can be entirely secure, and therefore, there is always some risk associated with sharing personal information over the internet, including through this Site. If you have any questions or concerns about data security, feel free to contact us.
Links From Glostat to Other Sites
Our site is not created or geared towards children's use, and we consciously refrain from gathering personal data from individuals younger than 16. If it comes to our knowledge that we have inadvertently collected personal information from someone under 16, we commit to promptly erasing such data.
Information for Users Outside of the United Kingdom
Your personal data may be stored, transferred, and managed in the UK and other nations by our associated entities and/or service providers. The data protection standards in these countries might be less stringent than those in your home country. We put significant emphasis on safeguarding your personal data and have established effective measures to protect it during international transfers. Your personal data will be transferred in compliance with relevant data protection laws, and we will employ appropriate safeguards to ensure that your personal data is properly protected by any third party accessing your information, for instance, by using the Model Clauses approved by the European Commission.
If you're a resident of the European Economic Area seeking information about your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), please follow this link.
We hope this has provided the clarity you were seeking. If you're still uncertain about a particular aspect of the policy, or still seeking further information, don't hesitate to reach out to us.